In a slightly peripheral position, in the immediate countryside surrounding the village of Caprona, is the pieve of Santa Giulia. Recorded with certainty since 1096, the architectural structures testify to the fact that the church was, however, built around the 9th-10th century, albeit on a smaller scale than today.
Around the 12th century, the church was enlarged, including the erection of the left aisle (later destroyed in the 16th century and used as a cemetery), with the intention - soon abandoned - of transforming it into a temple with three naves, but the right aisle was never built.
Damaged by the Florentines in 1433, the church was abandoned and restored in 1597, when the left aisle was used as a cemetery. It was subsequently renovated several times by the Bracci Cambini family, who held patronage there, as shown by the coat of arms on the façade (removed during restoration).
The church was then radically restored in the 1970s, restoring its medieval appearance. On that occasion, traces of an older church were found, the remains of which (apse and altar) are visible under the current high altar.