A child-friendly village
Vicopisano is a small child-friendly villageorganized to welcome families all year round as if they were an integral parts of its community. Every child, both as real residents but also as temporary on holiday, can have fun together in the squares, parks and gardens, or exploring the area, as well as playing and taking part in the numerous cultural, creative and recreational activities,organized by the numerous associations and the public library.
Recreational and cultural activities, educational workshops and events for children: those services are dedicated to the families on holiday in Vicopisano.
Families can stay in a place that offers activities suitable for children, dedicated services designed for them: Vicopisano is a destination that offers a balanced mix of interesting things to do and to see with your family in peace, safety and harmony in a serene environment.
Discovery, adventure, fun: even on holiday, children are curious and seeking new stimuli.
Many of the events organized in Vicopisano and in the surrounding areas have a special focus on children: the Collectors' Market with the children's market, Castello in Fiore, the Festa Dèi Camminanti and the Medieval Festival have specific programs designed for children.
Vicopisano is an excellent starting point to visit places, and you can choose among many activities that can be done just a few kilometers away, like a half-day or full-day excursion.
Tips & ideas
- eat an excellent homemade gelato in Vicopisano and San Giovanni alla Vena
- take a bike to reach the Castellare or the Church of Saint Jacopo
- climb to the top of the Clock Tower
- pretend to be a medieval soldier and attack the Rocca del Brunelleschi via the Torre del Soccorso!
- don't miss the stairway from Palazzo Pretorio down to Via Lante
- experience the thrill of jumping between the terraces of olive groves that surround the village
- take a dip in the municipal swimming pool in Uliveto Terme
An unforgettable summer
- Pisa (approx. 22 km): every child would love to see the Leaning Tower, isn't it?
- san Rossore Regional Park (about 25 km away): perfect for walks, picnics and environmental themed visits
- Calci with its museums (about 12 km away): the Monumental Charterhouse and Museum of Natural History and Territory which offer many visits and workshops for children
- Collodi (about 30 km away) is the famous Pinocchio Park
- Peccioli (25 kilometres away): there is the Prehistoric Park with life-size fibreglass reproductions of dinosaurs.
- Marina di Pisa's and Tirrenia's sea (about 35 km) or Versilia's (about 50 km)
What a party!
- Cinema under the stars
- Readings under the stars at the Municipal Library Biblioteca Comunale
- The Medieval Festival!
- Castello in Fiore (Castle in Bloom)
- Readings in the library's garden
- Let's take a walk with the Festa Déi Camminanti (Walkers' Festival)
- Looking for cards and games at the The Collectors' Market
- Let's go to the Theatre!
Playgrounds in the area
- San Giovanni alla Vena: piazza delle Repubblica
- Uliveto Terme: via Togliatti
- Vicopisano: Parco del Volontariato and former school garden
Discover the Family Tourism page for more ideas and suggestions on what to do in Vicopisano!
As a gift for you
Step by the Library to pick up a map of th area and the 'Little Tourist Guide for Little Tourists' (or click to get an ebok copy) available for free!