Traditions & Celebrations
Every year there are many initiativesthroughout the territory that are dedicated to Christmas: concerts, music, markets, tastings... but also waiting for Santa Claus to arrive!
Every year, local associations organize fundraising events for a kind of Christmas dedicated to solidarity, in order to share the spirit of Christmas' festivities with the community even more.
The hamlets are then enriched with wonderful Nativity Scenes representations, located in the most picturesque corners of the area. They are created by artists, families and associations:
- in San Giovanni alla Vena, there is a star that shines high above the village from the little church of Castellare. From any point you look at, it seems to be suspended in the sky, but there is also a large illuminated tree not far from the site of the famous "Presepe dell’Angelo" (Angel Nativity scene), which was made by the artist Angelo Perini: small cribs like treasures set in roots, trunks and bark, skillfully assembled and lit up.
- in Uliveto Terme in Santissima Annuziata, required and created by families who lived here to make this small town even more attractive.
- in Vicopisano, the nativity scene in the village is created by a fellow citizen in his garden, on the partly private and partly public lanes he has recovered. A splendid crib, set up in an area that, with its dry stone walls, green flower beds, the attention to every detail and view of the Clock Tower, it's a real jewel.
“Se ci diamo la mano
i miracoli si fanno
e il giorno di Natale
durerà tutto l’anno.”
- Presepe dell’Angelo (Angel Nativity scene)
- Food and wine for unforgettable feasts
- All the events in Vicopisano